Thursday, January 14, 2010

mensaje nº 009. Predeterminado Re: Simply standing.














Bodhgaya.

For five days, day after day, I went there, at the Mahabodhi Temple, standing in front of the Bodhi tree, that has grown with patience and marvallous, year after year.

Tree, standing in front of us. Us, standing in front of it.

I truly loved it and observed it.

Beautyful structure of free leaves and movement.

A necessary structure to hold the cantiliver of its beams.

Necessarily being the ceiling that protects the teachings.

Branches as beams are tended towards the garden that becomes the theatre where every day the people prepare themself tidily to receive.

Beautyfull screen for light that covers the people arriving here from every place of the world.

System of the principal structure necessarly connected to the second one.

In a dream, I spent the whole night being that tree. I was allowed to feel the simple action of just standing. As the architecture does. Simply standing. Beeing touched by air, rain, passing of time, sun, light, dark, earthquake...and continousing standing...no pertubation at all.

Only the coordinated movement of the free elements of leaves, that move all together, according to a secret order that I cannot explain with the architectonic words we know.

The standing was like beeing of front of the tree without blinking the eyes. As Buddha stayed for 1 week after enlightment.

I feel architecture now in its real tectonic meaning. Houses stand, buildings stand...they wait for us bringing some reason for them to manifest. Cause and effect. This is the way it works.

They are beautyful machine of secret actions the architect thought when they were still on paper, when they were still unborn, in his belly.

These actions wait for a cause to be revealed.

I love my work. I love this way of feeling, of looking, of guessing, of drawing a type of secret order, that somebody else will act with. And react again. It is a neverending sequence of action/reaction... maybe as that ordered movement of the leaves.

I am back now.

The tree, however, keeps growing day after day again.